Thursday, November 12, 2015

Life - rambling about my schedule

My life these days alternates between crazy busy, supporting someone else's goals (that's ok), working on one of my projects, and times like now.  I am alone in the house and it is very nicely quiet.  I am having a bit of a struggle getting started.

since its grey and rainy, i would like to get back in bed and read a book.  but I do have some driving around to do today.  and the list of things around the house that I want to get done, just isn't going anywhere.  Most are so big that getting is started is a bit intimidating.  I know, one small step at a time, but on days like this where I have the time, i just don't feel like it.

there are no bad consequences of my not getting these things done except for the fact that they are still there and  I still want that garage cleaned out and the bedroom I use for projects -- well its just a mess, no projects there until I get it cleaned up.

I really struggle between just being ok with being lazy and wanting to get this stuff started.  I worry that this could become a "bad' habit -- this doing nothing stuff.

and then again, I know that its not my personality to stay "hidden" for too long

I am busy with the part-time work I am doing.  I don't have much control about when it hits my email -- This week I did no more than answer a few emails and talk on the phone for an hour or two, last week I spent 4 very long days on it.  who knows whats up for next week..

The work is good, I am not complaining that I have to do it.  AND, I am learning a good lesson about someone else leading and me being all about support.  My colleague and I don't agree on everything but its essentially his project so I do my job and walk away at the end of the day.  I work from home and pretty much set my own hours.

Tom continues to get low just about every evening between 6 and 7 (maybe earlier but that's when he gets home and I see him).  He refuses to eat dinner earlier, complains if he has to drink too much juice since that will spoil his appetite, and appears to think its no big deal.  But his monitor often says something between 55 and 70.  I have seen it lower but not very often.  He is getting pickier with what he eats and refuses to eat anything that looks like a carb (bread, pasta, potato, breadcrumbs on a casserole...)  I am doing my best not to worry about it because his doctors tell him he is healthy and really, there is nothing I can do about it anyway.  and yet, clearly it is on my mind quite often.

so having said all that I think i will read the paper and drink my coffee until I have to leave to pick someone up in a half hour.

It felt good to write all of that out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment